From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of m.roth@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: 09 September 2009 14:44
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: CentOS and wireless, oh my

What chipset does you wireless card have?
<snip>
Atheros. The card's about 3.5 yrs old, and I was using the madwifi
drivers. I see the ath5k driver loaded, but I get complaints about
needing
ath5k_pci, and am trying to find what rpm provides that.

Oh, I tried installing wpa_supplicant, rpm claimed it was installed...
but
now it runs in daemon mode. No clue what had happened before.

However, I still can't connect, though iw<whatsit> wlan0 scan finds the
wireless with no trouble.

Back to, do I use wext, or go for the ath5k driver?

mark

  • Re: [SLE] Wireless eth0 or wlan0 ?????
    ... "iwconfig" and tried to start it using "ifup". ... my wireless is still not working. ... wlan0 ifup: ... Timeout waiting for command completion. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: How can i make a wireless connection in the command line?
    ... understand wireless extensions. ... So you would need to use iwconfig ... We were talking about wireless extensions. ... correct interface name wen setting it manually from the command line. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How can i make a wireless connection in the command line?
    ... understand wireless extensions. ... So you would need to use iwconfig ... So either you have a different version of ifconfig or you completely ... correct interface name when setting it manually from the command line. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] Multiple wireless config
    ... > Hi Simon :-) ... How does yast configure this thing that iwconfig can't ... initially iwconfig with no args reports "wlan0 no wireless ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Wireless access suddenly broken
    ... had you changed any settings on the wireless AP? ... driver are you using? ... > It's not a hardware or router problem because if I boot from Knoppix ... > reading this file at all because if I rename it, iwconfig still comes up ...
    (Debian-User)