Re: CentOS and wireless, oh my

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM, <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM, <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, at home, I'm finally going up from opensuse 10.3 to CentOS 5.3. With
opensuse 10.3, two years old, yast had utterly no trouble configuring my
wireless card, with the madwifi driver, and handling WPA.
[...]

Clues for the incredibly irritated?

Well, only a suggestion.  You may want to dual boot with Fedora 11
--being bleeding edge,it may recognize appropriately (and provide

*sigh*
When I go home from working as a sysadmin, I do NOT want to debug the o/s.

...Reiterating there are Debian, Ubuntu, or even Fedora 11
distributions provide better support. You could have upgraded SuSE to
the newer version, as well.

I never went to fedora when RedHat went to that and RHEL.

That is purely subjective. Inanimate objects -as hardware- or human
creations -as software- are in the irrational realm.

support for) your wireless card.  Subsequently you may use the

Why should I need bleeding edge?

1) Possibly better routines to identify your hardware and provide
appropriate network configuration parameters?

2) Accumulation of wireless drivers in that distribution like [...]
ath5k_pci?
that you are searching for???

Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com

  • Re: CentOS and wireless, oh my
    ... opensuse 10.3, two years old, yast had utterly no trouble configuring my ... wireless card, with the madwifi driver, and handling WPA. ... Clues for the incredibly irritated? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: trouble getting my wireless stuff to work
    ... i am running debian on a toshiba satellite laptop. ... the wireless card ... is that for some reason he can't get it to compile using etch's gcc. ... of the Madwifi driver and ask if there's a different version for etch. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: CentOS and wireless, oh my
    ... opensuse 10.3, two years old, yast had utterly no trouble configuring my ... wireless card, with the madwifi driver, and handling WPA. ... support for) your wireless card. ... CentOS for analysis). ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Driver for wireless card
    ... Where can I find the driver of wireless card ( ... DWL-G520) for kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4? ... That card uses the Atheros chipset which is supported by the madwifi driver ...
    (Fedora)
  • uudecode command not found
    ... I am trying to compile the madwifi driver for my Atheros ... wireless card. ... Suse 10.1 from 10,0, I lost the driver. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)