http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless

It might be a firmware update required.

Scott

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Jose R R <jose.r.r@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM, <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM, <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, at home, I'm finally going up from opensuse 10.3 to CentOS 5.3.
With
opensuse 10.3, two years old, yast had utterly no trouble configuring
my
wireless card, with the madwifi driver, and handling WPA.
[...]

Clues for the incredibly irritated?

Well, only a suggestion. You may want to dual boot with Fedora 11
--being bleeding edge,it may recognize appropriately (and provide

*sigh*
When I go home from working as a sysadmin, I do NOT want to debug the
o/s.

...Reiterating there are Debian, Ubuntu, or even Fedora 11
distributions provide better support. You could have upgraded SuSE to
the newer version, as well.

I never went to fedora when RedHat went to that and RHEL.

That is purely subjective. Inanimate objects -as hardware- or human
creations -as software- are in the irrational realm.

support for) your wireless card. Subsequently you may use the

Why should I need bleeding edge?

1) Possibly better routines to identify your hardware and provide
appropriate network configuration parameters?

2) Accumulation of wireless drivers in that distribution like [...]
ath5k_pci?
that you are searching for???

Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com

IBM Lotus Symphony supported on GNU/Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.

  • Re: CentOS and wireless, oh my
    ... on RHEL 2.6.18-164.el5 with gdm 2.16.0. ... ...Reiterating there are Debian, Ubuntu, or even Fedora 11 ... distributions provide better support. ... Why should I need bleeding edge? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: A whinge about distro version churn why are things going EOL so quickly
    ... Linux distributions, and Red Hat has been an important branch. ... that change was fedoralegacy dropping FC1 support and FC3 looked to have ... If you want a long term distribution, Fedora isn't where it's at. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora
    ... Secondly, the version upgrade is messy, I've never ever yet upgraded from one version of RH or Fedora without conflicts, FC4 was a comple explosion, I gave up and reinstalled previous and ignored FC4. ... Yet I can do this with even slackware and have been able to for years, ... is by design "bleeding edge" or is that "bleeding edge of blunders", and if we dont fix it soon, the likes of debian and suse will overtake us by a long mile. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft
    ... They won't share their Secure Boot key in the same way that they don't ... to adopt it *would have been hostile to other distributions*. ... he isn't discussing a Fedora 99-dollar-key purchased ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Java problem
    ... Neither openSuSE nor Fedora are end-all products. ... whether your machine is a server, a desktop, or a hybrid. ... oriented distributions, run desktop oriented distributions as servers? ...
    (Fedora)