RE: duplicate packages installed

You're probably also running 64 bit, which means those are the 32bit and the 64 bit packages. They aren't duplicates.

Rob Marti

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Margaret Doll
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:15 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: duplicate packages installed

In one of my RedHat systems I seem to have many packages installed twice.

Partial output from "rpm -aq"

alsa-lib-1.0.17-1.el5
alsa-lib-1.0.17-1.el5
alsa-utils-1.0.17-1.el5
amtu-1.0.6-1.el5
anacron-2.3-45.el5
antlr-2.7.6-4jpp.2
apr-1.2.7-11.el5_3.1
apr-1.2.7-11.el5_3.1
apr-util-1.2.7-7.el5_3.2
apr-util-1.2.7-7.el5_3.2
arptables_jf-0.0.8-8
arpwatch-2.1a13-21.el5
aspell-0.60.3-7.1
aspell-0.60.3-7.1
aspell-en-6.0-2.1

How do I get rid of the duplications? I am running 2.6.18-128.1.14.el5.

  • Re: Updating Weirdness
    ... the same app. ... I have got rid of duplicates with rpm -e but some other new ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Programlist double listed in Menu
    ... \Windows\Start Menu and delete the duplicates ... Another good way to get rid of orphan program files and icons besides the ... accidental deletion occurs. ... It will also find duplicate files, empty folders, remove registry settings ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Dreaded duplicate records
    ... I asked for suggestions on how to get rid of duplicate ... records on the Palm Desktop under Mac OS X 10.4.3. ... I was trying to get rid of a series of at least thirty duplicates of one ...
    (comp.sys.palmtops.pilot)
  • Re: Entourage Date Book Duplicated for no reason at all
    ... To get rid of duplicates use one of the scripts on this page. ... Backup is the key to recovering from a sync disaster. ... Backup individual items (The Entourage Help Blog) ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Problems with rpm database
    ... It shows 206 duplicate modules in the rpm database. ... The duplicates all have the same name and version number. ... for each duplicated package, but that causes a lot of problems because ... apt-get -f update ...
    (Fedora)