Re: Telnet is not working with iptables

Hello Siddiqui,

You are appending to the existing rules (option -A). There may be other rule
above your rule that is causing denial of the the specific port. Check the
rule list with iptables -nL command. You can also try inserting the rule
instead of appending (-I option). Another thing to try is, while trying to
do telnet on that specific port run iptables -nVL command at the destination
and observing the packet count increament you will understand what rule is
causing the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ahmed Sharif
Warid Telecom International Ltd
Bangladesh

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Shariq Siddiqui