Script for detecting services that need to be restarted after upgrade

Hi.

When upgrading our RHEL 4 and 5 servers, it would be nice to have some way
of determining which services need to be restarted (or maybe if the server
itself must be rebooted) in order for processes to start using the the
upgraded libraries and such instead of the old ones. I've heard that these
exists scripts that can be run to determine this sort of thing. Does anyone
know if such scripts are available for RHEL, either via the official
repository, or via EPEL?

Regards,
Kenneth Holter

  • Re: RHEL 5.3 and sealert -b
    ... what method have you used for upgrading the system version? ... I have upgraded a couple of Servers from RHEL 5.2 to RHEL 5.3 and I have ... noticed that the SElinux browser doesn´t show the problems with SELinux. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: RHEL 6 CPU load
    ... When it is doing this the system still has very low load. ... features, patches, etc in the BIND code). ... We recently upgraded one of our DNS servers to RHEL 6. ...
    (comp.protocols.dns.bind)
  • Re: Re: worthless activation
    ... >>servers, whats the point upgrading if it alredy works. ... Service Pack 2 is a big improvment on Win 3.01? ... What do you mean service pack instalments go ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Is it true that Debian does not fuck people like Fedora does
    ... So, based on some previous discussions, Debian is much more suitable. ... Fedora is not for production servers, it is by definition a permanently ... RHEL is the dominant enterprise Linux, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)