Windows 7 with Samba as PDC support from Red Hat

Hi,
as far as I know, Windows 7 with Samba as PDC support it is only for versions from 3.3.7 and 3.4; but with Red Hat 5.X it comes only 3.0.X version.
Does anybody know if it is planned to upgrade to this versions in a close future, or the only way would be to build it from sources?

Someone suggest me to set the the Local Security Policy to "NTMLv2 If Negotiated", but it does not work either.

Thanks for your help.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,

  • afternoons jbex
    ... The upgrade to the latest version of Samba would not work. ... it reported it was unable to extract certain .so files from the installation archive, and exited with error code 127. ... Windows said I did not have permission to browse the workgroup. ... Turns out that some upgrade to AVG's firewall decided to turn off windows file and printer sharing for me. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Access Denied after upgrade greater than 3.0.2a
    ... > I use Samba on Solaris/Sparc systems strickly as member servers (file ... > customer to see the same files in both Windows and Solaris. ... > Recently I have attempted to upgrade from Samba 3.0.2a to anything ... > I'll ensure the server get updated in the Windows domain. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: ftpd not allowing remote connection
    ... "David Clark" wrote ... >> Don't you think its time to upgrade to a more recent release of RH? ... Suggest you edit your smb.conf to add a samba share, ... Then you can drag-n-drop your files into windows, ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Latest Samba roaming profiles broken?
    ... > In the last couple of days or so, about the time I did an upgrade on my ... > off to the profiles share, but Windows will fail and claim access denied ... > windows PC with a new user. ... > I've rolled back to samba 3.0.7-2 and it works fine once again. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: I want to be convinced; convince me.
    ... Mac, but I'm having trouble convincing myself to do it. ... Windows 2000 has been very stable for me for many years, ... But, like I said, I haven't used 10.4 with Samba yet. ... Or is it an post-installation manual install? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)