From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sanjay Chakraborty
Sent: Sunday, 15 November 2009 1:31 p.m.
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: gcc error

I am running an application in RHEL AS 4.8 and getting this error "***
glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer:" and after research i
found the application that compile with gcc3.4 or highter run on RHEL
4 crash but works well when compiled with gcc3.2.3 with RHEL 3.

The problem is that I cannot change the OS level back to RHEL 3 and
cannot move to RHEL 5 and I have to stay with RHEL 4 only.
If I force install the old gcc (gcc3.2.3) will it make problem ... I
am not sure,

Any one can suggest any idea or work around ?

--
Regards.
Sanjay Chakraborty

online at tvnz.co.nz

  • Re: RHEL 5.3 with nagios
    ... nagios plugins. ... I work on IT company who has a lot of servers with RHEL OS and two ... checking for gcc... ... checking for C compiler default output file name... ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: RHEL 5.3 with nagios
    ... I work on IT company who has a lot of servers with RHEL OS and two ... checking for gcc... ... checking for C compiler default output file name... ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: gcc error
    ... Centos 4 should have installed, or available to install, the compat-gcc-32 packages, with version 3.2.3 of GCC. ... will be a problem - it's only the C compiler. ... found the application that compile with gcc3.4 or highter run on RHEL ...
    (RedHat)
  • RHEL 5.3 with nagios
    ... I work on IT company who has a lot of servers with RHEL OS and two news RHEL ... checking for gcc... ... checking for C compiler default output file name... ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Whats the story with the "end of XP"?
    ... Support gives them access to the larger body ... The same compiler suite may be "best" in both ... In the case of ByteCraft compilers, you are truly expert in your field, you work closely and rapidly with customers if there are any issues, and you have top class testing and quality control. ... understanding the inner workings of a relatively simple compiler like GCC ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)