Re: what happens at 4am ?

Why at this time ?? what happen if change to 00:00 for rotate log for
example??

Because 04:00 is when most other jobs will be done, and even in the US, it
will be the middle of the night, and hopefully the cron jobs will be done
before the day jobs start coming on line, usually around 06:00.

mark
Regards

--
_____________________________________
Eduardo A. Herrera Leiva

ESGLinux escribió:
Hello,

at this time the tasks of cron.daily begin the execution:

more /etc/crontab:

SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/

# run-parts
01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
22 4 * * 0 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
42 4 1 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly
~

Greetings

ESG