From: Le Wen <wenle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: why the clock become very slow?
To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi there,

Do you mean you run a linux inside vmware esx/workstation
or you run a
vmware workstation inside a linux?

Winner

"Tech W." <techwww@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
2009-11-24 17:46
Please respond to
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
why the clock become very slow?

Helo,

I'm runnig a Linux with Vmware virtual host.
The kernel is 2.6.24.

But this day I found its clock becomes very slow,

# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009

As you see above, I input many `date` commands, but the
time (for details,
the seconds) keep the same.

The system load is low,

# uptime
17:39:10 up 0 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.23,
0.07, 0.02

# free -m

   total
   used
   free     shared
  buffers     cached
Mem:           498
      214
284          0
    9         39
-/+ buffers/cache:        165
      333
Swap:         1796
        0
   1796

What happened to my system? please help, thanks.

Regards,
Wah.

  • =?iso-8859-15?Q?Re:_Clock_has_stopped_(time/date_looping_over_5_second?= =?iso-8859-
    ... i could reproduce this with a linux virtual machine on vmware - whenever i suspended the windows host with a linux vm running in vmware, after resume the linux vm showed exactly this issue. ... Clock has stopped, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: why the clock become very slow?
    ... why the clock become very slow? ... You can do the following according to your linux version: ... My vmware is installed in Windows XP, ... The system load is low, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: why the clock become very slow?
    ... but, what let me confused is that I have used this VS for long time, only today the system's clock get slower. ... You can do the following according to your linux version: ... General Red Hat Linux discussion list ... Do you mean you run a linux inside vmware ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: VmWare?
    ... software builds in a linux envronment on Mac Mini running leopard. ... I just crank up the VMware engine running linux and start ... You install it, create a virtual PC that has ... I have a linux box running Ubuntu and the choices Ive ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Opensuse 11.0 + VMware
    ... For the vmware-smbpasswd etc. just use a standard samba server of your ... Linux distro. ... networking from my Windows98 VM using VMware Server 1.0 under openSUSE ... bewhiskered Win98 VM, with no networking at this stage. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)