From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eugene Vilensky
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:49 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: lvreduce and lvextend

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Marti, Robert <RJM002@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not sure what Shankar posted disagrees with the manpage quote.  I
guess I'm missing something.

Rob Marti

Shankar is offering this:

Task-2: Shrink(resize) 'logvolopt' to 15GB
#lvresize -L 15GB /dev/volgroup001 /logvolopt
#lvdisplay
#df -h
for online
#resize2fs -p /dev/volgroup001 /logvolopt
#df -h

online shrinking is not something the the manual page RESIZE2FS(8) offers.

  • Re: Im back, more or less
    ... Just couldn't get online until today. ... Huey insists that Rob is his human, especially now that the evil woman and the blonde wench have brought him back. ... Tanada prefers to sleep with me in the library/Mike's room. ... He also got a kick out of Henri RB's fascination with TV and loved your pictures of him as well. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Im back, more or less
    ... Rob's cancer is terminal, it is a matter of months, ... believe the oncologist that has been treating Rob for several years ... Tanada prefers to sleep with me ... Glad that he can get online with it. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Im back, more or less
    ... Huey insists that Rob is his human, ... the wheelchair ramp into the living room is a great place to sleep. ... Glad that he can get online with it. ... Henri RB's fascination with TV and loved your pictures of him as well. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Im back, more or less
    ... treating Rob for several years now. ... is living on the living room sofa. ... Glad that he can get online with it. ... I did make one of his cards and the pictures ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: IE Error
    ... I was online with MSFT for 4.5 hours. ... Rob, ... Run CWShredder from http://www.merijn.org/downloads.html It's been ...