From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wahyu Darmawan
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:06 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: IBM DS4700 and RDAC

Hi all,

I have problem with my servers. I use two of HP Blade Servers and RHEL 4.6 installed on them, and have IBM DS4700 connected to them.
In those servers are running RHCS (Red Hat Cluster Suite) with GFS for handling Oracle Database.
Yesterday, I had missing one partition from the storage, suddenly. I called IBM and they suggested to use RDAC.
The question is, Why should use IBM RDAC for multipath in my RHEL 4, and why HP Blade + HP EVA Storage don't use any addition plugins software to keep server + storage connection?
I will appreciate For some reasons by all of you.
Thank you.

Regards,
Wahyu

  • Re: redhat-list Digest, Vol 77, Issue 18
    ... To answer you question on why to use IBM RDAC, There is no need for dm-multipath at all. ... I have problem with my servers. ... Yesterday, I had missing one partition from the storage, suddenly. ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: IBM DS4700 and RDAC [SOLVED]
    ... I use two of HP Blade Servers and RHEL 4.6 installed on them, and have IBM DS4700 connected to them. ... I called IBM and they suggested to use RDAC. ... The question is, Why should use IBM RDAC for multipath in my RHEL 4, and why HP Blade + HP EVA Storage don't use any addition plugins software to keep server + storage connection? ...
    (RedHat)
  • IBM DS4700 and RDAC
    ... I use two of HP Blade Servers and RHEL 4.6 installed on them, and have IBM DS4700 connected to them. ... The question is, Why should use IBM RDAC for multipath in my RHEL 4, and why HP Blade + HP EVA Storage don't use any addition plugins software to keep server + storage connection? ...
    (RedHat)
  • [OT]: IBMs view on how chips make valued-added proposition
    ... IBM's Computer-Server Business ... global market for heavy-duty "servers" that power most big businesses. ... After regaining the top spot in servers in 2002, IBM captured 32% of the ... instead of standardizing on Intel chips as many competitors have ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Its feeding time in Jurassic Park . . .
    ... IBM, Timothly/Alan, what say ye? ... Whereas all other servers use the GCPs for both normal processing and I/O. ... about the same number of Windows servers to zBx. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)