Re: Compile new kernel with same configuration

2010/8/18 "Francisco J. Márquez Gómez" <fjmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've modified the value of a constant inside of kernel and now I need
compile the kernel for use this modification.

But I need that all configuration and kernel setting keep as in current

How can I compile new kernel, apply same setting and select this kernel for
run system with it?

I'm using RHEL 5.5 with linux 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux

You can find your current kernels config file that holds all the kernel
settings used for it when compiled in your /boot dir. Yours should be named
'config-2.6.18-194.8.1.el5' . Just compile your kernel with this config
file. This link should help you with the details:
redhat-list mailing list

  • Re: [SOLVED] Re: Hi, I am doing masquarading using my Debian machine
    ... my kernel, I use apt-get and installed the new kernel, I did not do ... So I assumed my old config file would have been used -- ... I shoudl have given the steps I took to compile the new kernel ... > if you learned to report what you observe, not what you think you see. ...
  • Re: stuck with on x86_64
    ... the lastest that I can compile is; ... All .config are the same, ... SCSI controller: ... Right now, on AMD64 machines, I'm forced to patch by hand the kernel, ...
  • Re: Differences between binary images and compiled kernels
    ... > they used to compile the particular kernel you're ... > named .config, and then ran make oldconfig, then ...
  • Re: Help: Error messages during kernel make modules
    ... > After gaining some experience with Linux, I have tried to compile the latest ... > with menu config. ... I rebooted into the new kernel. ... My drill is (with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3) is: ...
  • Re: Distributions
    ... | general there are a lot of packages for people to use. ... kernel, have to run on a multitude of different systems, they tend to be ... and slower than if you compile those packages, ... can have that stability with virtually any distro. ...