Command to check that a directory changes

Hi all,

I´m making a bash script and I need to know when a new file appears in a
directory.

anybody knows if is there a command that to that or i need to use a
commbination of some commands (ls, wc, sleep, cron...)

Thanks in advance

ESG

  • Re: Problem with bash script
    ... C> I am attempting to write a simple Bash script that will find all the ... root# mkdir -p /dest/directory ... Another advantage of find vs backquotes is the ability to filter things ... D> It does exactly the same as `command -a rgs`, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: How to list all calls to external programs in a bash script
    ... executed by a given bash script. ... Of course having spent a few more seconds thinking about the issue I need to point out that you can not remove strings unless you have determined that they are not in the command position, ... function that logs the function prior to exec'ing. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: [OT] Changing the case of filenames
    ... =>in trying to use this from the command line (or even in a bash script). ... Time flies like the wind. ... Stranger things have .0. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Carelessness busts Linux security
    ... and install a malicious screensaver from gnome-look.org ... command but this was later changed to: ... Lets hope there is someone on the KDE related download sites checking for ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Carelessness busts Linux security
    ... The latest reminder to be vigilant comes via the users unfortunate ... and install a malicious screensaver from gnome-look.org ... command but this was later changed to: ...
    (SuSE)