Re: linux to windows Connectivity is slow

Missing name wrote:
Hi All,
I am facing an issue in my organization. The issue is when i am trying
to ping to windows 2003 standard 64 bit server i am getting the following
response.
<snip>
--- 172.17.0.19 ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 6 received, 0% packet loss, time 4999ms

but when i am trying to ping any flavour of linux i am getting the
following response
<snip>
--- 172.17.0.11 ping statistics ---
7 packets transmitted, 7 received, 0% packet loss, time 5999ms

Are the Linux/Linux pings going through the same switch? What does
traceroute give you?

mark

  • Re: Are the issues with my domain DNS related?
    ... When I noticed the severe issues described above, I ran "ping" on each ... I got fairly consistent results for either name server, ... while being about four times longer to complete (the query time) ... You probably also want to do some tests on the HTTP server response ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: can ping server with fqdn but not with netbios name
    ... from both domain controllers I can ping ... "server" and get a response. ... I did ipconfig /all on both DC's and both list the dns suffix as ...
  • Re: Batch file for Ping?
    ... the ping can take awhile to timeout when you ... but also the corresponding host name. ... Const OpenAsDefault = -2 ... ' Check for response. ...
  • Re: Batch file for Ping?
    ... the ping can take awhile to timeout when you try ... with the -a option (to resolve the host name), ... Const OpenAsDefault = -2 ... ' Check for response. ...