adding a printer with system-config-printer

I'm adding an HP laserjet printer that is on the IP network using system-config-printer
And choosing ldp/lpr it asks for a hostname and a printername.
Since this printer is on the IP network and not connected to a host specifically
What information do I need to put into the hostname field?
Thanks.
Dave Martini
LLNL

  • Re: Mac Hostname on Network
    ... hostnames to the names of random Windows PCs on the network. ... up how to change the hostname in Terminal, ... As soon as I plugged them in, they changed to random Windows PC ... way it works is that iVGA sends the Mac's hostname to VT, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Mac Hostname on Network
    ... hostnames to the names of random Windows PCs on the network. ... As soon as I plugged them in, they changed to random Windows PC ... way it works is that iVGA sends the Mac's hostname to VT, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Mac Hostname on Network
    ... hostnames to the names of random Windows PCs on the network. ... it looks for a DHCP server, specifying its own name as the DHCP Client ... Along comes your Mac and asks the DHCP server for an IP address. ... name assigned by the network as its hostname. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Mac Hostname on Network
    ... hostnames to the names of random Windows PCs on the network. ... up how to change the hostname in Terminal, ... As soon as I plugged them in, they changed to random Windows PC ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: localhost hostname problem
    ... > to force a unique hostname whenever they find a machine without one ... The key thing here is that each network connection has a name ... This line names the special case, local loopback interface. ... connections will be made to 127.0.0.1 so this must exist and be ...
    (Fedora)