Re: chroot and sfp

We use rssh to accomplish this, including limiting specific account to sftp only access (i.e. those accounts can't get an ssh shell).

http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/

On 2/15/2011 5:58 PM, koxkorrita wrote:
hello
do you know any page (URL) for configuring one system chroot + sFTP o scp?

thanks

  • Re: SFTP is not working
    ... When I try to use sftp or scp2, I get a message like this: ... sftp and scp2 both actually work by running ssh in a subprocess, ... The reason the shell startup files are relevant at all, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: openssh: Enabling sftp, but disabling ssh?
    ... I use it for many clients to have secured file-only access via SFTP ... - it appears to require a chroot'd environment. ... simply installing the scponly shell on the system and pointing that user ... The SSH "sftp" protocol effectively logs in the user using: ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Switching from sftp to ssh without exiting and logging in
    ... shell on the server and somehow feed the sftp command line interface ... connection on the remote end to a shell. ... The SSH protocol is multiplexed, ... sessions in separate channels over the same connection. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: allow SFTP FTP but not SSH. Can ??
    ... > sftp in to the server using this account. ... > a way to restrict people from SSH using this account ... > but still allowing ftp and sftp?? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: sftp-server
    ... "no-login" account; if you had, it wouldn't do you much good. ... for its peer to begin speaking the sftp protocol. ... clients generally start the server using an SSH-2 subsystem request, ... you'd configure the SSH server to ...
    (comp.security.ssh)