Setting up second nic for local lan backup

I have a Redhat 5.2 box that I am trying to setup in internal lan on for
backing up to a local machine since my Provider charges for any bandwith
going over the external IP's even though it comes right back to another
server of my network. Below is the setup for the 2 nics that I tried, but
when I try to start the second nic with "ifup eth1", it looses the route for
the first nic so my external IP will no longer work unless I restart it
which then takes the route out of the second nic. What am I missing? I
hope someone can help me with this. BTW, the second nic is connected to an
internal router. I am assuming that I can't just use a switch instead any
easier.

# cat ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0

BOOTPROTO=none

HWADDR=00:1c:23:d5:be:02

IPADDR=101.110.67.100

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

GATEWAY=101.110.67.1

ONBOOT=yes

TYPE=Ethernet

PEERDNS=no

# cat ifcfg-eth1

BOOTPROTO=static

DEVICE=eth1

ONBOOT=no

IPADDR=192.168.2.151

GATEWAY=192.168.2.1

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

HWADDR=00:1c:23:d5:be:04

PEERDNS=no

TYPE=Ethernet

Thanks

  • Re: Basic setup for a home RedHat 7 box
    ... the subject name is setup for a 'RedHat 7 box':D ... >> I want to set up at least some basic IDS and firewall tools on my box at ... which isn't on any sort of network. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Regarding GFS
    ... Node redundancy on redhat cluster depends on how cluster has been ... It seems,in your setup all the three nodes access same storage and GFS has ... While I am currently going through the redhat documentation; ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: squirrelmail probelm --Error opening ../data/default_pref
    ... I have installed the squirrelmail by default when redhat 8 was installed. ... the config file have also setup via. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Dynamic firewall based on bandwidth usage ?
    ... I saw it but redhat 4 is using an older version ... director in the L.V.S. jargon) that sends requests to 4 web servers ... (cluster setup based on Linux Virtual Server include in redhat ... My first though is to look at the iptables on the director but I ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Firewall Setup Query
    ... > would be best suited to the following setup. ... > Beyond the router is another internal lan, ... I'm planning on using ipchains or iptables for ... As a network security consultant, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)