Re: Help Needed: My RHEL5 box suddenly stopped accepting e-mails

Hi,

Since you don't have iptables off and your company doesn't have a firewall, my guess your ISP is doing the filtering. Can we get a description/picture of your network?

< your computer> <---> ISP <---> to the outside?

Jacky

Here's what I get from the remote side:

PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
25/tcp filtered smtp

I don't know what filters are in place; is there any way to get more
information
about the filters?

  • Re: Linksys Firmware Upgrade Available
    ... First I will say that I have no experience with WinRoute. ... filtering -vs- personal firewall applications. ... Basic packet filters work by inspecting the pkt headers (usually the IP ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Linksys Firmware Upgrade Available
    ... First I will say that I have no experience with WinRoute. ... filtering -vs- personal firewall applications. ... Basic packet filters work by inspecting the pkt headers (usually the IP ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewalls and Cryptography
    ... greater than a firewall only device. ... layer 7 according to RFC 2979, if it filters away data with malware. ... network is one that doesn't allow any data through at all and that the only ... But in this case - and the reason I jumped in on this ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Basic Firewall IP filters
    ... Javier [SBS MVP] ... "Where do you adjust the firewall for SBS" <Where do you adjust the firewall ... >> Routing and Remote Access supports IP packet filtering, ... Pass through all traffic except packets prohibited by filters. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: IPsec vs any personal software firewall
    ... This prevents the source port 88 issue. ... It is possible to bypass the filters and contact a service listening on UDP. ... Should you use it if you have a firewall running externally of the machine? ... IPSec filters are not a replacement for a firewall. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)