From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mr. Paul M. Whitney
Sent: Wednesday, 1 June 2011 12:19 p.m.
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: Java on RH enterprise 4

What Michael said. Thank you for amplifying. IPhones suck with
responding to these.

Paul M. Whitney
RHCSA, VCP
Sr. Systems Engineer
Worldwide Information Network Systems
email: whitneyp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cell: 410.493.9448

On May 31, 2011, at 20:06, Michael Scully
<agentscully@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John:

If the application can be pegged to a particular version, you can
install as many different revisions of Java as you like. You can
download all of the archived versions from Oracle if you create a
developer account.

Java will install to /usr/java, with each version in its own
directory. Look in there to see what version(s) you have. But if you
need the /usr/bin/java to point to a particular one, change the symbolic
link of any of the java command links there (java, javaws, javac,
javadoc).

MS