Re: major parted and fdisk issues on RHEL 5.5?

Hi For scanning new LUN, we don't required reboot.

Kindly follow the below method:

Step1: Download & Installed the sg3_utils packages.
(Download the sg3_utils & sg3_utils_libs packages )
Note: download “rescan-scsi-bus.sh” script also anywhere on RHEL4 based.
#rpm –ivh sg3_utils*
Step2: Scan the new LUNs without rebooting the box.
a.) Take the output of inq utils or fdisk –l
b.) Execute the following script & take the output of inq utils or
fdisk –l and compare with your previous out put.
#/usr/bin/rescan-scsi-bus.sh (RHEL5)
Or
#./rescan-scsi-bus.sh (RHEL4)

Thaks-
Shankar

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Sanjay Chakraborty