Re: WINE crossover to run winscp for ASCII mode files transfer

It's probably simpler to just go to RPMForge, install their rpmforge-release
RPM and then do "yum install wine".  But again, for this purpose I don't
think you need to.
My Linux box doesn't have access to Internet, thus I can't do "yum".
So I'll still need the WINE rpm (with its dependent packages) &
use "rpm -i ..." to install

..

This is what I don't understand.  Why not just use the OpenSSH SCP/SFTP
stuff which is almost certainly already installed to copy this file over
from wherever?  Then all you need is to set up SSH keys and have a script
similar to:
I have an RHES 4.x box with ssh/sftp/scp client & I need to do ASCII mode
files transfer to/from a remote Windows Openssh server (customer-owned)..
Honestly I don't understand why management doesn't allow me to touch
the original datafile; not even make a copy of the datafile, convert & then
send it over to the remote Windows server; & on the remote Windows server,
there's checksum files which I'll need to get over in ASCII but not allowed to
ssh into the server.

Can you explain why you have to use WinSCP?
WinScp supports both binary & Ascii mode files transfer but I'm not
sure if it does this at command line prompt (ie winscp /script=file ...)

  • Re: rsync progress
    ... rpm was also installed. ... I don't think you /can/ install rpm on Ubuntu. ... Package management systems are one of the deepest divides between Linux distros. ... The first distro, pretty much, was the Softlanding Linux System, SLS. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Three newbie questions!
    ... You can see the main groups, then the applications ... Until you get to know the names of applications, it is best to use RPM ... You normally find a README, an INSTALL, and a doc ... If you have installed any libraries, then you must run the following ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • FW: [SLE] YaST Online Update Problem
    ... >>update one of the rpms manually to see if rpm will give you a better error ... >SuSE to try to apply one of the patches? ... >I've always used YaST for Online Updates and for installing new packages. ... Not only that, but at the end of the install, it ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: How to install Java/Frefox in FC6 -
    ... just don't trust java and rpm in the same breath, ... recall that when building packages, you always opt for ./configure && ... make && make install and I don't recall a single instance where you have ... I rebuilt kde to kde-3.3.0 using konstruct, didn't fix it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Dependencies
    ... Should you install it or no? ... RPM is just a low-level tool that does one thing and that one ... If getting the GPG keys causes you heartburn, ... > To stay in the RPM subject, Apache give keys for their tarball versions. ...
    (linux.redhat)