Re: questions about xset

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Nigel Wade <nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/10/11 16:51, Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
I would like to add the mathematica fonts to the xls path on the head
node,
but that is where I am still having the problem.
<snip>
On the client, the machine with the X server, check the font

server is accessible:

This is where it falls apart. ted is the head node
<snip>
Then from the Mac:

xfsinfo -server ted:7100
xfsinfo: unable to open server "ted:7100"
gc166-mad:~ mad$ xfsinfo -server ted.hetchem.brown.edu:7100
xfsinfo: unable to open server "ted.hetchem.brown.edu:7100"

I modified the iptables to allow tcp for input and forward on eth1; eth1
is the connection from the head node to the outside.
<snip>
Hmmm... can you try telneting from your Mac to ted, port 7100?

mark