Re: questions about xset

No. We just have firewalls between departments and servers sometimes.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM, <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
telnet ted 7100
Trying 128.148.229.2...
telnet: connect to address 128.148.229.2: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

However, this gives me an idea. The campus may have firewall rules that
are not allowing the connection.

Oh. Are you trying to get in from outside the campus network?
<snip>
mark

  • Re: questions about xset
    ... Doll, Margaret Ann wrote: ... telnet: connect to address 128.148.229.2: Connection refused ... Unable to connect to remote host ... Are you trying to get in from outside the campus network? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: questions about xset
    ... telnet: connect to address 128.148.229.2: Connection refused ... Unable to connect to remote host ... The campus may have firewall rules ... Are you trying to get in from outside the campus network? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Telnet over WAN latency troubleshooting
    ... The sites are tied together using Sonicwall TZ170 firewalls, ... We're getting terrible latency on interactive telnet sessions. ... Firewall and tunnel MTUs are set at 1404 bytes ... firewall) I see about 1% less packet loss. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: VMS cluster behind a *NIX firewall
    ... There is no access to raw Solaris for outsiders to attack (unless ... you are talking about homegrown firewalls rather than commercial offerings). ... I have had telnet turned off on every server box of any kind ... the VMS community. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Firewalls, are they really necessary?
    ... I am under the impression that the general view regarding ... > firewalls is that they are essential to network security. ... telnet 82.39.40.103 110 ...
    (alt.linux)