Re: questions about xset

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
telnet ted 7100
Trying 128.148.229.2...
telnet: connect to address 128.148.229.2: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

However, this gives me an idea. The campus may have firewall rules that
are not allowing the connection.

Oh. Are you trying to get in from outside the campus network?
<snip>
mark

  • Re: questions about xset
    ... We just have firewalls between departments and servers sometimes. ... telnet: connect to address 128.148.229.2: Connection refused ... Unable to connect to remote host ... Are you trying to get in from outside the campus network? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: questions about xset
    ... telnet: connect to address 128.148.229.2: Connection refused ... Unable to connect to remote host ... The campus may have firewall rules ... Are you trying to get in from outside the campus network? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: newbie | cant receive external email
    ... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused ... port named MTA is listening on port 25 for ip 127.0.0.1 ... So it is listening only on the localhost interface. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: ssh: no route to host
    ... and you try to establish a connection on port 25 via telnet with a remote ... that you cannot establish a connection with the selected computer on ... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Husting post -- Jonathan Amery
    ... my original test was a post to urcm from ... IP connecting to Windows Live Hotmail has exhibited namespace mining ... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused ...
    (uk.net.news.management)