Re: How do I tell RedHat that I have deleted packages and don't want YUM to put them back

Hi Rob,

Give this a shot:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/rhel-fedora-centos-linux-yum-disable-certain-packages-from-being-installed/

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Rob Tanner <rtanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm running a web server Enterprise 5.x and it had the distro version
(5.1.6) of PHP which, unfortunately, is too old a version for WordPress
which requires at least PHP 5.2.x and so I built that from source. The
problem I have is when I run updates since the update process will replace
the libphp5.so Apache module which, in turn, breaks WordPress. My solution
was to erase the distro PHP packages and what I want to make sure is that
yum doesn't put them back the next time RedHat updates one of them.

So, is the fact that they're erased sufficient in itself or do I need to
run some other program update the machines profile at RedHat?

Thanks,

Rob Tanner
Linfield College

  • Re: How do I tell RedHat that I have deleted packages and dont want YUM to put them back
    ... then found that there were php52 RPMS available that would happily install ... of PHP which, unfortunately, is too old a version for WordPress ... the libphp5.so Apache module which, in turn, breaks WordPress. ... yum doesn't put them back the next time RedHat updates one of them. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Fedora vs CentOS -- php/apache and Drupal 7
    ... do not correctly interact with php or php updates were flawed and have ... compatible with PHP 5.4 (used by Fedora 18) ... If it runs the latest spate of updates then is it not little different ... The Dell 1520 laptop has the same internals and memory and uses ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy
    ... I stopped using slackware as soon ... >> as another distro became easier to use. ... after an FC4 install - assuming your hardware works with ... of updates have accumulated - like 500M. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Linux, laptop and Wi-fi
    ... upgrade the wifi code without upgrading the rest of the OS. ... Wifi is my only issue. ... There's generally no harm in installing the other updates, ... Without knowing what distro you're running, what kernel version you have, what sort of card you're trying to get running, and the details of how it failed when tried an encrypted connection, it's hard for anyone to guess where you might need to begin. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] No Build Service for 10.0 server anymore?
    ... Buildservice continues to maintain many wonderful updates for 10.0. ... the server repository now doesn't have php updates for 10.0 any ... SUSE LINUX Products GmbH ...
    (SuSE)