Getting RPC Error 88

We have a 2-node Oracle RAC that keeps getting the following error:
kernel: nfs: RPC call returned error 88

The storage being mounted is netapp. We don't see any errors/issues on the
storage itself or the switches this client is connecting thru. The NFS
network is a 2-interface ( 2 x 1Gb UTP) bond which shows no errors of any
kind.

We are mounting with the following mount options:
rw,noac,nointr,bg,hard,timeo=600,wsize=32768,rsize=32768,nfsvers=3,tcp

This problem sometimes hits the OCR votedisk shares and causes the instance
to crash.

These systems were upgraded to 5.6 back in January.

Currently running 2.6.32-300.4.1.

Thanks for any info,

  • Re: Mounting Storage ... NFS?
    ... That is until we had the netapp rep on the phone and he blithely ... suggested we mount the primary storage on our database servers as NFS. ... configuration and, in fact, the Oracle On Demand grid uses precisely ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Mounting Storage ... NFS?
    ... since I just kind of assumed we'd link everything up via fiber channel ... That is until we had the netapp rep on the phone and he blithely ... suggested we mount the primary storage on our database servers as NFS. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Mounting Storage ... NFS?
    ... since I just kind of assumed we'd link everything up via fiber channel ... That is until we had the netapp rep on the phone and he blithely ... suggested we mount the primary storage on our database servers as NFS. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Process take long time to write to NFS filesystem.
    ... I still wonder how the nfs writes go fine when their is enough free memory. ... For NetApp you need some free space inside the ... for the back-end storage that resides behind the V-series NetApp. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: 5.8TB RAID5 SATA Array Questions
    ... I'm halfway through a project using about the same amount of storage, ... and in FBSD 4.9 they look like this: ... NFS, ETC) ... the large file systems. ...
    (freebsd-questions)