[SLE] inetd and ftp

From: Stand H (hstandit_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/22/03

    Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:00:26 -0700 (PDT)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hi,

    I have multiple IP addresses on my system. I want to
    bind the ftp service to only one IP but I can't find
    the option to do this with inetd. xinetd has an option
    to bind the service to a specific IP. I don't want to
    run ftp as standalone server. I'm running Suse 8.0
    which is using inetd.
    Is there an option or trick to bind a specific IP to a
    service?
    Thanks,

    Stand

    • how to bind a service to a specific nic???
      ... I have a two NIC system. ... I would like to bind the FTP service to just on of ... Is there a registry setting I can set the IP that the FTP ...
    • Re: message appears at prompt
      ... I don't know if that is what 'bind' is in this context. ... > be the conflict? ... What is happening is that the 2nd copy of sshd enabled in inetd ... Rob ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Root cant delete files
      ... I'd say it's time to upgrade to a later version of BIND. ... I would personally recommend that you back up critical ... especially as 'root', it's very hard and very tedious to repair it. ... Make a great connection at Yahoo! ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Bind Error with New Kernel
      ... > Sounds like chroot isn't working, ... If you restart bind, ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: I got slackware need some help.
      ... If you don't know wether you want it or not though - bind it to localhost. ... And don't forget to have `inetd' reread it's config-file, ...
      (alt.os.linux)