[SLE] mplayer

From: landy (landy_at_despiertapr.com)
Date: 07/23/03

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: 22 Jul 2003 19:58:39 -0400

    when trying to play a dvd with mplayer i can see it but not hear it

    i see this error cannot find codec for audio format 0x02000, any ideas

    i can hear it when playing it with xine, but would like to try mplayer

    • Re: RELENG_7 problem with playing DVDs
      ... FAILURE - non aligned DMA transfer attempted ... The mplayer just hangs around in physrd status and cannot be killed ... DVD-drive after attempting to play the DVD is to reboot the system. ... I actually tried with 2 different drives. ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: SUSE 9 , Transcode rpm ; dependency fails , with libogg . DVD Develp. Setups.
      ... > I had to uninstall the original kaffeine and install the downloaded one. ... they play bether than if you use DVD players you can ... I can run Mplayer on a MPEG file, and only get a font error, which I ... Reading config file /etc/MPlayer/mplayer.conf ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Mplayer problem FC7
      ... Subject: Mplayer problem FC7 ... set up a device for your DVD drive, ... SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to bgr24 using MMX2 ... using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal chrominance scaling ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [opensuse] sound issues
      ... but I just tried MPlayer with the same results ... And yes, there are no seperate cables from the DVD drive, just the IDE ... Do they sound OK? ... connection with what's in the list.) ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Trying to play DVD video problems
      ... MPlayer SVN-r29800-4.4.2 2000-2009 MPlayer Team ... libdvdread: Could not open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss. ... Couldn't open DVD device: /dev/dvd ... What video hardware do you have and what drivers do you use? ...
      (Fedora)