Re: [SLE] Printer Won't Print

From: dennis tuchler (dtuchler_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 07/23/03

    Date: 22 Jul 2003 19:16:07 -0700

    On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 15:28, Bill Wisse wrote:
    > On Tuesday 22 July 2003 10:23, Dennis Tuchler wrote:
    > > I have installed a HP Laserejet 1200. Up until today, the printer
    > > printed what I sent to it. Now, whether I use Kwrite or OpenOffice
    > > 1.0.2, no document I send to the printer will print!
    > >
    > > Please tell me what I should look for to fix this.
    >
    > I had simular problems with an HP printer.
    > I installed the HP package from the SuSE disks and the printer stopped
    > printing.
    > Uninstalled the package, restarted the computer and the printer worked again.
    > Also check in Yast >>printer if your printer is still the default. My one
    > changed for some reason and printing was not working.

    I opened up Yast and checked hardware. The printer was listed. Oddly,
    in the printer section, no printer was listed as installed.

    So, my print4er driver is and isn't installed!

    dj tuchler

    • SUSE Security Announcement: cups (SUSE-SA:2004:031)
      ... The Common Unix Printing System enables local and remote users to ... within CUPS which allows remote users to make the cups server unresponsive. ... After successfully updating the cups package, you need to run the following ... patch rpm: ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • [Full-Disclosure] SUSE Security Announcement: cups (SUSE-SA:2004:031)
      ... The Common Unix Printing System enables local and remote users to ... within CUPS which allows remote users to make the cups server unresponsive. ... After successfully updating the cups package, you need to run the following ... patch rpm: ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [opensuse] Problem getting printing to work in OpenOffice
      ... provided by one of the biggest companies has to be 'fiddled' before the ... I'm sorry you're having difficulties printing. ... Second, OpenOffice is not provided by a company, it's provided by volunteers. ... printers, it's virtually certain that someone will come up with scenarios ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: no-fixes in stable
      ... Those updates are called ... They usually incorporate the security fixes ... now shown up further printing problems in stable. ... If you didn't use that package to do what you want ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: HP Printer and Pre-Rendering
      ... Which is not for end-user help, but rather for dealing directly with package ... development, bugs, and coordination between the different packages that are ... "Discussion of issues related to printing on Debian systems. ... The list is used for coordination of development, ...
      (Debian-User)