[SLE] Command Not Found

From: Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. (smolnar_at_jadeinc.com)
Date: 07/25/03

    To: <colug@colug.net>, <suse-linux-e@suse.com>
    Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:07:34 -0400

    I'm almost, but not quite, ashamed to post this message. I have just
    reinstalled SuSE v8.1 on my linux machine (a new installation, as upgrade has
    never worked for me).

    When I attempt to run a script, e.g., netscape-installer, as root I get a
    command not found error message.

    (Yes, I know that running as root is a security hole.)

    It works if I run the script as a user.

    What have I forgotten to do?

    --
    Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.			Life is a fuzzy set
    Foundation for Chemistry			Stochastic and multivariant