Re: [SLE] K3B

From: Erik Jakobsen (eja_at_urbakken.dk)
Date: 07/25/03

    Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:47:49 +0200
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    > And when you run k3bsetup as root, it still doesn't see it?

    Negative. Then it does see it.

    > You have cdrdao installed, right?

    Yep.

    > Apart from the fact that my devices are owned by my regular
    > user(automatically chowned at login in a default SuSE setup),
    > your installation looks ok, and since cdrecord -scanbus sees
    > the recorder, it should work.

    Do you mean, that you use it as default by the SuSE install ?.

    To that I can say, that I haven't touched anything here - with
    reference to the subject - since the install of SuSE 8.2.

    The culprit is that my regular user hasn't previlegies set to use
    K3B. Am I right in that ?.

    linux:~ # ls -l /dev/sr0 /dev/sg0
    crw-r----- 1 root disk 21, 0 Mar 14 14:07 /dev/sg0
    brw-r----- 1 root disk 11, 0 Mar 14 14:07 /dev/sr0

    /Erik.

    • Re: [kde] Cannot add Brother printer
      ... I have had the experience where sometimes adding a printer via kde is easy, ... The install can be run as an ordinary ... Will cups accept a driver supplied like that - no. Suse ... You may also find that the cups password isn't the same as root. ...
      (KDE)
    • [SLE] a long-time Suser compares kubuntu and Suse
      ... Suse has always been good at that. ... Kubuntu is basically ... you see in the yast titlebar is my feature. ... for ages, then go find the software, install it, and hope it works. ...
      (SuSE)
    • mplyaer issues, possible permissions issues
      ... Here are some notes about playing media in Linux with SuSE 10.1, ... there is this problem about things working only in root that should ... what is missing from the basic SuSE install, on all the things a person ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • SemiPainless Installation and Troubleshooting guide for SuSE 10.1
      ... The Guide is available at szornes4.blogspot.com if you would ... In fact, the first time you boot SuSE on a clean install, it will take ... Packages to Search for and Add with SMART ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [SLE] Probably stupid question - how to judge veracity of these posts?
      ... Stephen, i also was a windows user, using Win95, Win98, then ... using SuSE 9 Professional and RedHat 9 and i ... My advice is to buy SuSE Linux Professional 9 and you can ... >> somebody telling the user to download and install the Java Runtime ...
      (SuSE)