Re: [SLE] K3B

From: Erik Jakobsen (eja_at_urbakken.dk)
Date: 07/25/03

    Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:47:49 +0200
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    > And when you run k3bsetup as root, it still doesn't see it?

    Negative. Then it does see it.

    > You have cdrdao installed, right?

    Yep.

    > Apart from the fact that my devices are owned by my regular
    > user(automatically chowned at login in a default SuSE setup),
    > your installation looks ok, and since cdrecord -scanbus sees
    > the recorder, it should work.

    Do you mean, that you use it as default by the SuSE install ?.

    To that I can say, that I haven't touched anything here - with
    reference to the subject - since the install of SuSE 8.2.

    The culprit is that my regular user hasn't previlegies set to use
    K3B. Am I right in that ?.

    linux:~ # ls -l /dev/sr0 /dev/sg0
    crw-r----- 1 root disk 21, 0 Mar 14 14:07 /dev/sg0
    brw-r----- 1 root disk 11, 0 Mar 14 14:07 /dev/sr0