Re: [SLE] closed-source-yast problem :-)

From: Trey Gruel (drathos-suse_at_nightmoose.net)
Date: 08/01/03

    Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:18:05 -0400 (EDT)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    > While installing SuSE 8.2 on my wife's machine through http install, the
    > package update fails to initialize with [Inst_Src:failed] error.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this before? This happens even with online-updates. What
    > could be the problem? Did I forget to install somthing. y2log doesn't help
    > much.

    While I haven't seen the error before, my guess is that Inst_Src is short
    for Installation Source (where you're trying to install from). Double
    check your settings to be sure that the computer can see the site you're
    trying to install from.

    It has nothing to do with Yast being closed-source, because Yast isn't
    closed-source. The source is on the disks/ftp site, it's just a more
    restrictive license than GPL.

    --
    trey