Re: [SLE] closed-source-yast problem :-)

From: Trey Gruel (drathos-suse_at_nightmoose.net)
Date: 08/01/03

    Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:18:05 -0400 (EDT)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    > While installing SuSE 8.2 on my wife's machine through http install, the
    > package update fails to initialize with [Inst_Src:failed] error.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this before? This happens even with online-updates. What
    > could be the problem? Did I forget to install somthing. y2log doesn't help
    > much.

    While I haven't seen the error before, my guess is that Inst_Src is short
    for Installation Source (where you're trying to install from). Double
    check your settings to be sure that the computer can see the site you're
    trying to install from.

    It has nothing to do with Yast being closed-source, because Yast isn't
    closed-source. The source is on the disks/ftp site, it's just a more
    restrictive license than GPL.

    --
    trey

    • [SLE] a long-time Suser compares kubuntu and Suse
      ... Suse has always been good at that. ... Kubuntu is basically ... you see in the yast titlebar is my feature. ... for ages, then go find the software, install it, and hope it works. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Zypper segmentation fault
      ... Repository 'openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Builds' is up to date. ... Trying through yast again gave this xmessage: ... Rebuilding the rpm database did no good. ... --force install the qt and gtk rpms to downgrade to the latest 10.3 versions. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] upgrade
      ... I assume "yast" to start, but then to install the window manager? ... XFCE when I first install openSuSE. ... I can't even get to a Terminal on the Desktop in KDE. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Yast Online Update
      ... I set up the nvidia drivers and get the intelli ... >>But as soon as I do an update with Yast, ... >update (or install the SuSE nvidia rpm's manually). ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [opensuse] SuSE Updater
      ... select ?all and then hit install it does nothing. ... ?When I go into Yast - online update I can not see the upgrade packages. ... I recently unsub'ed from all the SuSE mailing list and DL'ed a ISO of Kumbuntu ...
      (SuSE)