[SLE] Problem deleting files

From: Terry Milnes (neofax_at_comcast.net)
Date: 08/02/03

    Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:19:10 -0700
    To: "'suse-linux-e@suse.com'" <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    I am having problems deleting files from my SuSE 8.2 system. If I do an
    rm on the command line it is deleted fine, however when I do a
    Shift+Delete in KDE 3.1.2 it does not delete no matter what I do. I
    have even checked to find where it may possibly save a file the same
    size as the file that was deleted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

    NeoFax

    • Re: [SLE] Please Help ! gtk fonts -Solved !!
      ... found out that I did not have gnome-control-center installed. ... To all who advised me it would be in Control Center; ... gnome-control-center must be run from the command line. ... There is not a word anywhere from SuSE about these things and their ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: simple LAN
      ... No. Kenneth on this list learned me about the command ip a which is ... not mentioned in O'Reilly's Nutshell or the SuSE manual. ... about how to find unknown IP addresses of computers in a LAN. ... if your internet router acts as a firewall for your ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Installing packages
      ... Suse is there a command line packaging system similar to either urpmi ... Can I configure Yast software management to download software from ... opened up the gui installer and installed it from CD1 & 2. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [SLE] printer loss [susepro 9.1]
      ... > I found that I had added port 631 to the firewall and the ... What does the command kcmshell printmgr show? ... required that you set a cups admin passwd with lppasswd -g sys root in ... UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998 ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Redhat vs SUSE
      ... >> command prompt you just type service network restart or whatever you are ... SUSE doesn't have this service so do you have to start up ... > Get familiar with the GUI version of the YaST tool. ... figure out how to install a compiler on your system. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)