Re: [SLE] where do I get the kernel source for k_athlon?

From: Philipp Thomas (philipp.thomas_at_t-link.de)
Date: 08/27/03

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:40:41 +0200

    Gustavo Rahal <gustavocomp@gustavocomp.plus.com> [26 Aug 2003 23:41 -0700]:

    >I just updated my kernel to the optimized version for athlon. Where do I get
    >the kernel-source for this kernel?

    All kernels are built from the same source, so the source for *all* kernels
    is in kernel-source.rpm .

    To make the configuration match your running kernel, go to /usr/src/linux
    and do 'make cloneconfig', followed by 'make dep' to create files needed by
    external kernel drivers like nvidia or vmware.

    Philipp

    • Re: OOM killer in 2.6.31-rc2
      ... I had built a 2nd version of the 2.6.31-rc2 kernel last night when I found the ... Normal zone is absent in the above lines. ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • OOM killer in 2.6.31-rc2
      ... I had built a 2nd version of the 2.6.31-rc2 kernel last night when I found the ... fixes the very early boot time oops, also leaves me with a machine that will ... newer versions are _not_ stable, this is stable after the fix. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Question for Gene Heskett about slow Firefox launch
      ... How NSA access was built into Windows" ... I believe you will have to build a generic kernel.org kernel ... as you go thru the xconfig screens item ... window, and it says "if you don't know what this option does, you ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Question for Gene Heskett about slow Firefox launch
      ... On Wednesday 17 January 2007 01:36, Ric Moore wrote: ... How NSA access was built into Windows" ... I believe you will have to build a generic kernel.org kernel ... hour to work in an xconfig window. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: sensors vs 2.6
      ... are built INTO kernel. ... I've got a bt878 tv card thats rather noisey when eeprom inits. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)