[SLE] Windows ICS

From: Rob Sell (robs_at_facnd.com)
Date: 09/06/03

    To: <suse-linux-e@suse.com>
    Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:53:24 -0500

    I have recently moved from the land of broadband to a farm out in the
    country, since I now only have one option for internet, my phone company's
    dial up which requires some special software to connect that is windows
    only, I am wondering if it is possible to use the internet connection
    sharing in windows to connect my sue box to the internet, My wife's computer
    has the modem in it and I can sit down at my computer and get on the
    internet and her computer will automatically dial up. But I can't do this
    from my suse box. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this
    successfully?

    Rob

    • I think I have been hijacked.
      ... I am running windows xp on my Compaq Presario and Toshiba laptop, ... An internet connection appears to have been added through a USB. ... R - Registry, StartPage/SearchPage changes ... Fixed crashing bug on certain Win2000 and WinXP systems at O23 listing ...
    • Re: Please help with pop-ups!!
      ... Sometimes I'm not on the internet ... A1) No. Microsoft NEVER sends emails with security update attachments. ... pages where you can access Windows Update, download patches, or request ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Built in Admin account added
      ... system properly before putting it back on the internet. ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program are all below: ... Keep in mind during the investigation that this might NOT be a hacker ... You can also use the NETSTAT -A command that comes with Windows to look at ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Will computers ever be as simple and reliable as a refrigerator?
      ... The problem is that a refrigerator does ONE thing.. ... Your computer is not connected to the Internet. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    • Re: Will computers ever be as simple and reliable as a refrigerator?
      ... > The problem is that a refrigerator does ONE thing.. ... Your computer is not connected to the Internet. ... You don't need a firewall - because you don't have any ... > using Windows XP "prettifications". ...