Re: [SLE] Envelopes in OpenOffice

From: Graham Smith (gqs_at_iinet.net.au)
Date: 10/27/03

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:58:42 +1000

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:58, Jerry A! wrote:
    > On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 09:50:11AM +1100, Dave Barton wrote:
    > : On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 07:25, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > : > As you say, it may be OO and cups.
    > :
    > : I am fairly sure this is the problem combination.
    >
    > Try using LPRng instead of CUPS. I've noticed that not all the PPD
    > files in CUPS w/the linuxprinting.org PPD backend are up to snuff. For
    > instance, I had to stop using CUPS b/c it wouldn't correctly print 2-up
    > pages on my Samsung ML-1210. LPRng has no such problems.

    Well I just made up a OOo template for a 'DL' size envelope. Printed without
    any problems on my Deskjet 930C and Kyocera FS-680 printers using CUPS.

    --
    Regards,
    Graham Smith

    • Re: CUPS dependencies
      ... using many different kinds of printers (whether connected to my own ... always count myself lucky for simply using lprng. ... (once you have the firewall infrastructure in place). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Why use CUPS instead of LPRng?
      ... CUPS provides a number of things that lprng doesn't, ... which queue supports what combination of features or the proper header ... KDE and Gnome apps should handle it properly and others can be forced by ... automatically figures out where the printers are. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • RE: Wemin IS cool
      ... That file is untouched by the lprng ... daemon, except that they get included into /etc/printcap whenever the daemon ... Webmin can't do CUPS (at least, ... > printers, you really need to use the gui printer config that Red Hat ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Epson printer on CUPS: "unable to contact server"
      ... > entries for these printers because I used lprng and printconfig ... Can I ask you why you switched from lprng to CUPS? ... > setup printers for lprng) admin will have a choice for adding printers ... > Now maybe print configuration is used for cups setup in redhat 9 but I ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: [SLE] Envelopes in OpenOffice
      ... Try using LPRng instead of CUPS. ... files in CUPS w/the linuxprinting.org PPD backend are up to snuff. ... And a big shout-out to SuSE for being the only vendor to have the ...
      (SuSE)