[SLE] which NIS maps

From: steve-ss (mail_at_steve-ss.com)
Date: 12/17/03

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:56:03 +0100

    Which NIS maps should I tick on the last screen of the Yast
    NIS server setup? I have three non automated clients on a
    lan with the server. All I want to do is login from any
    client to access the home directory nfs'd from the server.
    At the moment i've got them all ticked and it works. Just
    want to get it right. but I'm sure I don't need them all.
    Thanks Steve.

    • Re: [SLE] which NIS maps
      ... >>Which NIS maps should I tick on the last screen of the Yast ... >>NIS server setup? ... I have three non automated clients on a ... >>lan with the server. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] which NIS maps
      ... > Which NIS maps should I tick on the last screen of the Yast ... > NIS server setup? ... I have three non automated clients on a ... > lan with the server. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: smbclient timeout, file truncated / 9.1 Pro (was Re: libpopt.so.0 conflict...
      ... >and the OS/2 machines on the LAN. ... NETBEUI was invented to allow windows clients to use an OS/2 server. ... 9 buffer small read and write requests until the buffer is full ... Acknowledgment Timeout ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Indirect synchronization setup with no synchronizers on servers
      ... Replica Manager to be installed at all. ... trust any LAN, except the LAN where the file server is that stores my ... remote PCs have synchronizers but the server does not. ... There is no difference between a synchronizer operating on replicas ...
      (microsoft.public.access.replication)
    • Re: Possible to secure WEP?
      ... It doesn't have to be a "server". ... this IP cannot be in the same class C IP block as your own LAN. ... To keep it simple, my gateway router, ... Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)