[SLE] Cable modem and suse 9.0

From: Robert Schumacher (rhscgn_at_yahoo.de)
Date: 01/17/04

    Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:17:06 +0100 (CET)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hello,

    i'm new to linux, however the installation of suse 9.0
    was smooth and everything is working, but i also want
    to connect the cable modem
    "Arris Touchstone CM300"
    via USB to my laptop.

    usbview recognizes the cable modem as "Arris RNDIS
    Adapter", and in yast it is handled as a modem.
    How do i manage it to get an eth1 interface.

    Other hotplug events handled as expected (PCMCIA
    Ethernet Card, USB-Storage, USB-Camera)

    Has anybody managed, to connect the CM300 cable modem
    to a linux system via usb?
    Any help or hint appreciated, thanx

    Robert

    • Re: [SLE] Cable modem and suse 9.0
      ... On Saturday 17 January 2004 02:17 am, Robert Schumacher wrote: ... > i'm new to linux, however the installation of suse 9.0 ... > via USB to my laptop. ... > usbview recognizes the cable modem as "Arris RNDIS ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Need help on modifying and assembly of a small program!
      ... > chip and SID sound chip were actually rather advanced for the time and ... > {Linux vs Windows issues} ... I know what to do...I just need to get an ethernet card and a cable ... The cable modem can be connected by USB or ethernet...neither of these ...
      (alt.lang.asm)
    • Re: [SLE] Have Cable Broadband ... need Router
      ... > I have just switched from Phone line DSL to Cable Modem Broadband. ... > here that I can use for a router, and I hear that Linux is very good ... > the switch and wireless access point connecting my other machines and ... are other Linux firewall products such as Shorewall ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: comcast problem
      ... >> This is not a Linux specific problem but I was hoping people with Comcast ... >> and I took a Linux system over to try to help diagnose the ... Is the machine directly connecting to the cable modem? ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: nice Mini-ITX box
      ... Taking Miso's advice, I bought a mini-ITX pc from Logic Supply, their ... cable modem, wifi, this box, my data acquisition stuff, on a power ... I wonder if XP will be OK with being power cycled, ... yet the 'Linux Lemmings' claim that Linux never crashes. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)