Re: [SLE] Procmail + Maildir

From: Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas_at_tiscali.es)
Date: 01/22/04

    Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:14:51 +0100 (CET)
    To: "suse-linux-e@suse.com" <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    The Thursday 2004-01-22 at 17:39 +0200, isofroni@cc.uoi.gr wrote:

    > All right, i want system-wide to install spamassassin with sendmail.
    > Is this enough? Only sendmail + spam assassin?

    And procmail.

    Well, as I don't use it that way, I'm not the right person to answer your
    question; but I'll say what I would do.

    [spamassassin comes with documentation: please read it, this is
    documented]

    The setup is the same I reported... on this thread, to another person, 21
    Jan 2004 20:44:40, X-Message-Number-for-archive: 176430. Please check that
    email. The only difference would be using amavis-sendmail instead of
    amavisd-postfix.

    Then, file /etc/procmailrc would simply have this rule:

    :0fw
    | /usr/bin/spamc

    That triggers spamassassin; it doesn't move nor delete anything, but
    depending on its configuration adds a header, modifies the header or adds
    a text explaining why it is spam. That's configurable.

    > The ridirection of the spams, how could be done then? In a spam-folder. (every
    > user has his own spam folder to check his mails before he deletes them)

    That depends on what each user wants. The above rule will add a header
    the user's mail client program. In that case, they have to use the
    filtering capacity of whatever program they use.

    Or, they can simply create their own ~/.procmailrc file, containing this
    at the beginning:

    :0

    Or something similar.

    --
    Cheers,
           Carlos Robinson

    • Re: spamassassin question
      ... > I am trying to run spamassassin on an internal linux box with sendmail. ... > message in the header. ... level, messages get the SPAM score in the header, at the second they get the ... If you've set up your first level to 1 you should see a header like this: ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: SPAM filtering where From == To
      ... I'm using Exim and Spamassassin at work and would like to add a check. ... I've noticed that a lot of SPAM has the recipient in the from header. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Firewall suggestion?
      ... > I have a customer that is using Exchange 5.5 behind a simple firewall. ... > server by trying to use it as a Spam relay. ... The target hosts must be ... If this header is set, ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: For sale Brand New Juicy Couture Sidekick II for $120
      ... Ideally spam should be stopped at source, but I don't suppose there's much chance of that happening. ... BogoFilter authors or the SpamAssassin authors. ... There's no way a BAYES engine alone can do this ... out on rule based flexibility and these BL lists. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: howto set evolution to work with spamassassin and clamav
      ... > spamassassin and clamav. ... There are two basic ways to setup spamassassin. ... moved to a holding folder, and the filter will stop processing. ... bayes_ignore_header ReSent-Date ...
      (Fedora)