[SLE] pppd 'uid' bit

From: C Hamel (vgm2_at_sc2000.net)
Date: 02/21/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:14:59 -0600

    Is there a quick & dirty way one can script a change to the pppd 'uid' bit,
    and if so, how would be best? I am not only very new at scripting but I am
    getting so weary of the 'long way' using kfm as su.

    Thanks...
                ...CH

    • Re: dialup solution (as seconary connection / iptables )
      ... ip-down is launched by pppd only after the PPP link no longer available ... first with MINICOM or is PAP and script not mutualy exclusive? ... do have to "make the connection first with MINICOM." ... If you use the Linux box and route the news IP address to it on each ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: pppd pty equivilent in FBSD
      ... I let pppd manage retries & setting routes. ... >I wouldn't personally recommend vpn over ssh for anyone either, ... I'm the sole bsd user at my company, and the ppp over ssh ... >Actual bash script I call: ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: Modem--pppd Died Unexpectedly
      ... PAP authentication is rejected by pppd above. ... If you want to try a script, the ppp-secrets.gz script found at my ... To get chat log messages the S in the chat -vsS parameter must be removed. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Emulating a modem with expect
      ... > (basically allows GUI connections via telnet if X is not allowed). ... > script works fine on Linux machines since it makes a call to pppd on both ... > Basically pppd on Linux creates a ppp0 interace automatically, ... > Once chat finishes the phyiscal connection of dialing, ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • [Full-disclosure] SecurityReason : PHP 5.2.6 (error_log) safe_mode bypass
      ... SecurityReason Research ... PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language. ... When we create some php script in /www/ and try call to: ... The script whose uid is 80 is not allowed to access /hack/ owned by uid ...
      (Full-Disclosure)