[SLE] belkin PCI WNIC in desktop box with 9.0 Pro

From: David T-G (davidtg-suse-linux-e_at_justpickone.org)
Date: 02/28/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:01:18 -0500
    To: "SuSE Linux (English) list" <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    Hi, all --

    I have a new e-Machines desktop and a Belkin 802.11b wireless NIC that
    doesn't appear to be recognized. I've just gone through the 9.0 setup
    and passed the network config on the way to creating users, and my
    'wireless settings' button is greyed out.

    Has anyone any experience with such a beast and could point me to how to
    light up this card?

    TIA & HAND

    :-D

    (play) davidtg@justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.
    (work) davidtgwork@justpickone.org  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"

    • Re: Non-wireless router?
      ... (bought because it has a connector for an external aerial) ... different to using the Belkin. ... Configuration was a breeze, and I was setup in a few minutes. ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • Accessing Setup on Wireless
      ... I have a Belkin wired router to a cable modem. ... I connected my desktop to the D-Link, went into setup and changed the ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Belkin router recovery to factory default?
      ... >tried to setup a 4 port belkin wireless router as an access point only, ... Setup the IP address to something that is accessible from your PC. ... Connect an ethernet cable from a LAN port on your wired router to ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)