Re: [SLE] xterm titles and bash -- SOLVED

From: David T-G (davidtg-suse-linux-e_at_justpickone.org)
Date: 02/28/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:03:45 -0500
    To: "SuSE Linux (English) list" <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    Hi again --

    ...and then David T-G said...
    %
    % ...and then Mike Grello said...
    % %
    % ...
    % % In /etc/bash.bashrc roundabout line 130 the prompt is set.
    %
    % Aha; thanks.
    %
    % Interestingly enough, I do not see any value for $_t or ${_t} in my
    % shell, but $PS1 includes lovely escape sequences :-(

    Putting these two together was enough. I found where _t was set a few
    different ways based on term type a bit above that, and that was where
    the escape sequences came in.

    Rather than muck about with the /etc files, to lose them in an upgrade, I
    tried resetting PS1 in my .bashrc, and it was indeed soon enough to avoid
    mucking up my titlebar. Yay!

    Shame on SuSE for changing that, though :-(

    Thanks again to all & HAND

    :-D

    (play) davidtg@justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.
    (work) davidtgwork@justpickone.org  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"