[SLE] "mount :not a directory" dvd mount problems

From: stavros tzanidakis (sta_tzani7_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/15/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:17:52 +0000

    Hallo! I am a new linux user (I use Suse Linux 9 Pro) and I do enjoy it!
    However I face up some problems... A friend of mine gave me a dvd-r with
    some mp3s and when I tried to mount it ("mount /media/dvd") I took an error
    report "mount: not a directory"). I ve tried to mount with "mount -t iso9660
    /dev/dvd /media/dvd" and I got the same result...This dvd does not have a
    problem because I saw its contents in Win XP pc (I noticed in the properties
    a CDFS file system) and when I made a copy of some of its contents in a cd
    everything was ok when I mount it on my linux system...! My dvd driver seems
    ok because when I tried to mount a data dvd included in a magazine
    everything worked fine!
    What can I do for this? I ve searched many web sites but I still have this
    problem! Could anybody help me? Thanks a lot!!
    Stavros