[SLE] "mount :not a directory" dvd mount problems

From: stavros tzanidakis (sta_tzani7_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/15/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:17:52 +0000

    Hallo! I am a new linux user (I use Suse Linux 9 Pro) and I do enjoy it!
    However I face up some problems... A friend of mine gave me a dvd-r with
    some mp3s and when I tried to mount it ("mount /media/dvd") I took an error
    report "mount: not a directory"). I ve tried to mount with "mount -t iso9660
    /dev/dvd /media/dvd" and I got the same result...This dvd does not have a
    problem because I saw its contents in Win XP pc (I noticed in the properties
    a CDFS file system) and when I made a copy of some of its contents in a cd
    everything was ok when I mount it on my linux system...! My dvd driver seems
    ok because when I tried to mount a data dvd included in a magazine
    everything worked fine!
    What can I do for this? I ve searched many web sites but I still have this
    problem! Could anybody help me? Thanks a lot!!
    Stavros

    • automount attempting to mount an additional disk
      ... I am having a problem with automount, when I click on my DVD icon on ... Aug 8 21:19:26 linux kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet ... Aug 8 21:19:30 linux automount[711]: attempting to mount entry ... So something is making automount try to mount cdrom and floppy when I ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: [SLE] Trial to create installation source
      ... shlibs5 which I need for running my good old WordPerfect8 for Linux. ... In 10.1 Yast refuses to create an installation source for that DVD. ... When I try to mount that DVD I get the message 'Can't find /media/dvd/ ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Can Linux mount XBox discs?
      ... >> over a week without success, and just recently, I read that Linux ... Does anyone know if such support is under ... > Can it mount a regular DVD? ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • How to write to DVD+RW under Linux/Fedora
      ... I just purchased a DVD+RW drive and installed in under Linux. ... I'm very new to DVD recording, so please understand most of the terms ... DVD, the file only showed up as 13Megs! ... how do I mount a DVD+RW for reading AND WRITING? ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: used to windows
      ... for starters i would rather use linux as a simple home user, ... Unix has a unified file system structure, ... a mount point. ... referred to as the file system's root directory. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)