Re: [SLE] running CGI scripts written in notepad

From: Damon Register (damon.w.register_at_lmco.com)
Date: 03/16/04

    Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 06:56:04 -0500
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    ged suse wrote:

    > I'm currently learning CGI programming with perl and have built up a webserver
    I would like to learn that too.

    > If I write a perl script on a windows machine, then copy it onto my Linux
    > server via Samba, then move the script into my cgi-bin folder, I get an error
    Finally here is one I can answer. I still consider myself as a novice
    so many of the questions are beyond me. This is your problem: MS and
    Linux handle end of line differently, though I don't remember which is
    which. If you use Samba, the file will not get converted properly.
    There are two ways I know of to fix the problem
    1. use FTP in ASCII mode to transfer the file
    2. fix Samba transfered file on Linux side using pico.

        pico -w yourscript.cgi

        ctrl +o to save it

        ctrl +x to exit

    Hope this helps

    Damon Register

    • Re: [opensuse] trying to figure out how to share a data drive
      ... information about your linux setup so I can make sure we are talking ... partition that windows can read in a dual-boot scenario, ... running samba on linux, then you can share disk space just as if the operating ... your user name is 'george' If it's not, ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Samba Network
      ... only samba and may stay this way for a time. ... I can write from a linux box accross ... 100000 2 tcp 111 portmapper ... 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [opensuse] SAMBA.
      ... Stumbled across this about SAMBA authentication and windows ... authentication separate from the general linux authentication (I don't ... This is really the worst parts of setting up a home server. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Two problems with Samba on Suse 9.1 and Windows 98 (reposted)
      ... > I have two problems with a setup that includes two Win98 machines and ... > server on the Linux box, in addition to the existing Samba client. ... As far as I know Samba (which implements a peer-to-peer server message block ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • authenticating users from a Windows Domain Controller on Red Hat AS 3 U3
      ... I am trying to set up a Linux server to authenticate ... Samba share, even if specify everyone can use the share. ... Kinit failed: Malformed representation of principal ...
      (RedHat)