[SLE] Fetchmail Problem

From: Jesse Shaver (J_shaver_at_comcast.net)
Date: 03/18/04

    Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:08:58 -0800
    To: suse-linux-e list <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    I have Fetchmail set up to run in Cron with the command ./usr/bin/fetchmail -sa > /dev/null 2>&1.. Every so often (3 times this week, but that is more frequent than it has been in the past) I realize that I have not received any email from the SuSE list in an unusually long amount of time. So I run Fetchmail manually. Often times I get this error message:

    3 messages for j_shaver at mail.comcast.net (11629 octets).
    reading message j_shaver**AT**mail.comcast.net:1 of 3 (425 octets) fetchmail: message delimiter found while scanning headers
    fetchmail: timeout after 60 seconds.
    fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from Comcast.net
    fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)

    So I log into Comcast web mail and find a malformed message like this one (all headers are included below):

    > Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:47:16 +0000 (GMT)

    that is it. In the past I have tried to download these messages with Eudora, and it has been able to get them just fine, so I don.t know what is wrong. I realize that this is a malformed email, but I would like Fetchmail to get it anyways, and then filter it out with Procmail or something. Short of that, I would just like to set stuff up in such a way that Fetchmail does not fail silently, so at least I don.t have to guess when things are failing. I am Running SuSE 8.1 Pro, and am up to date on updates. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    thanks in advance,

    --
    Jesse Shaver