[SLE] Hot Sync to Palm via IR

From: James Knott (james.knott_at_rogers.com)
Date: 03/21/04

    Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:10:35 -0500
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    I'm trying to configure my ThinkPad R31, running suSE 9.0, to connect to
    my Palm computer, but don't seem to know how to do it. I have Kpilot
    installed and /dev/pilot is linked to /dev/ircom0. I have also tried
    using the IR port configured as com port B, with appropriate link.
    However neither the Palm nor Kpilot see each other. Irdadump shows
    nothing. I don't see any useful info in the SuSE help center on this
    either. Any ideas?

    BTW, Hotsync works fine in XP on this same computer.

    tnx jk