[SLE] Hot Sync to Palm via IR

From: James Knott (james.knott_at_rogers.com)
Date: 03/21/04

    Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:10:35 -0500
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    I'm trying to configure my ThinkPad R31, running suSE 9.0, to connect to
    my Palm computer, but don't seem to know how to do it. I have Kpilot
    installed and /dev/pilot is linked to /dev/ircom0. I have also tried
    using the IR port configured as com port B, with appropriate link.
    However neither the Palm nor Kpilot see each other. Irdadump shows
    nothing. I don't see any useful info in the SuSE help center on this
    either. Any ideas?

    BTW, Hotsync works fine in XP on this same computer.

    tnx jk

    • Hot Sync to Palm via IR
      ... I'm trying to configure my ThinkPad R31, running suSE 9.0, to connect to my ... Palm computer, but don't seem to know how to do it. ... neither the Palm nor Kpilot see each other. ... Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Hot Sync to Palm via IR
      ... I'm trying to configure my ThinkPad R31, running suSE 9.0, to connect to my ... Palm computer, but don't seem to know how to do it. ... neither the Palm nor Kpilot see each other. ... Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong. ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)
    • Re: [SLE] Hot Sync to Palm via IR
      ... Hartmut Meyer wrote: ... >>my Palm computer, but don't seem to know how to do it. ... >>However neither the Palm nor Kpilot see each other. ... nothing in irdadump. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Hot Sync to Palm via IR
      ... Neil Swann wrote: ... >> Palm computer, but don't seem to know how to do it. ... >> neither the Palm nor Kpilot see each other. ... Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong. ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)