Re: [SLE] Booting Unix from LILO

From: Jon Clausen (dsl23212_at_vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: 03/24/04

    Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:24:14 +0100
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:20:02AM -0500, Lucky Leavell wrote:
    > I installed SuSE 9.0 on a Dell 600SC which already had a UnixWare 7.1.3
    > system, opting not to remove the unix system. I can see the preserved
    > system as /dev/sda4. How would I go about adding the information into
    > lilo.conf so I could have a dual boot system? (The lilo docs only mention
    > other linux or M$ partitions, not other unix.)

    http://docsrv.sco.com/LateNews/osT.linux_unixware7_short.html

    says;

    4: Edit lilo.conf and add the following lines:
       other=/dev/sda4
            label=uw7
            table=/dev/sda

       For an EIDE hard disk, use the appropriate device such as /dev/hda.

    5: Rerun LILO:

       /sbin/lilo

    But I would suggest using grub instead of lilo nowadays:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#SCO%20UnixWare

    Google is $FRIEND

    HTH
    /Jon