[SLE] Zip Drive in VMware

From: marcia (raknakce_at_cox-internet.com)
Date: 03/27/04

    Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:46:23 -0600
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Dear All,

    I am trying to get my iomega parallel zip drive working in vmware with
    win98. I have Suse 8.2 as host and the zip works fine in Suse. I should
    be able to use it in the vmware 2.04 I believe if it is a parallel which
    it is.

    I think it may be an ownership problem or permission problem.

    How do I make sure the user of vmware belongs to the zip drive group?

    I know that I could setup the samba network and use it through that but
    I did not want to do that. I hoped to use it directly if possible instead.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Marcia

    • RE: [SLE] Slowly getting fed up with SUSE 9.1 - next problem apache2 - not solved
      ... SuSE 9.1 is connected via virtual ethernet card supplied with VMware to ... After installing apache2 with basic or expanded set of modules server ... When trying to start apache2 from Yast2 runlevel editor in advanced mode ...
      (SuSE)
    • [SLE] VMware Workstation 4 Updated
      ... VMware yesterday released version 4.5.1 build 7568. ... this version supports SuSE 9.0. ... This was a free upgrade for me; I had only in the past two months bought ... L. Mark Stone ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: SuSE 9.3 not supported by VMware 4.5.2
      ... Thanks for the hint. ... VMware 4.x version only. ... Actually I also have a SuSE Linux 9.0 CD-ROM set which should be fully ... "Discontinued SUSE Linux Distributions: 8.2" arrives in my suscribed mailing ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [SLE] Xen vs. Vmware?
      ... I want to run CentOS within my SuSe 10 install. ... opinions per xen vs. vmware? ... built-in (ie. xen disk driver, xen nic driver, xen sound driver, etc.? ... I'm running Xen on Athlon 64 and wanted a debian VM. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] VMWare, again.
      ... > instructions both on the SUSE db and and the VMWare troubleshooting ... install the -144 kernel ... copy the vm* modules someplace safe ...
      (SuSE)