Re: [SLE] OOo Pdf Creator

From: Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas_at_tiscali.es)
Date: 03/31/04

    Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:31:00 +0200
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    On 2004-03-31 21:34, BandiPat wrote:

    > If you are looking for the best PDF capable output, then you need to
    > try Scribus. I suspect it is second only to Adobe in it's PDF
    > quality. A new version 1.1.6 was just released and a SuSE version is
    > located on the Packman site now.

    |> Description :
    |> Scribus is a desktop page layout program in the tradition of Corel
    |> Ventura, Quark Xpress, Adobe Pagemaker, or InDesign.

    That's doesn't seem to indicate we can write long documents, does it?
    Page by page... :-?

    --
    Cheers,
           Carlos Robinson

    • Re: Demi-Bold, Demibold, DEMIBOLD !!! demibold please
      ... Downside is that the technical quality is often not as good as Adobe fonts have. ... Most are in OTF format which is Type1 wrapper. ...
      (comp.fonts)
    • Re: how to keep tables on one page automatically
      ... courtesy or quality of expression either, ... If you're complaining about Windows 7, ... in MS's favor about Office 7 questions is that MS is better than Adobe. ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: Audio dubbing using laptop
      ... Vegas as the software for editing and dubbing and Adobe After effects for final rendering. ... Can i convert the entire process to a laptop with the same quality results? ... speed and disk space would be more of a factor with a laptop. ...
      (rec.video.production)
    • [opensuse] YOU Problem
      ... SUSE 10.0 lastest updates installed. ... When I run YOU it recommends DTP update: Scribus ... YAST shows the later version as installed, I have rebuilt the RPM database. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: high quality PDF-s
      ... the resolution on the general tab is functionally meaningless. ... subsequent postscript application should ask for the file's ... the Adobe guy couldn't think of any that did). ... so I want high quality files so I choose Press quality job on ...
      (comp.publish.prepress)